The Interactive Media Pathway (Digital Media) is in the Arts, A/V Communications Career Cluster. As such, it includes a strong foundation in arts and communication with particular emphasis on design, graphic and media communications, interactive technologies, and project development. Interactive Media teaches the technical skills needed to work with electronic media. Additional topics include exploring the use of digital media and video today and in the future, a study of the relationship of workflow to project planning and completion and the software, equipment and tools used in the industry.
Professional Certificate/Industry Recognized Credential:
- (Individual) Digital Portfolio-all students will create a digital portfolio to showcase their multimedia projects, technology skills set and web internships.
- IRC Options Based on Students Interest:
- Various Adobe Certifications
- Microsoft Digital Literacy Certificate-students will take the Microsoft Digital Literacy exam during year one of the pathway.
- Others TBD by Instructor and Advisory Board Members
Recommended Prerequisite: Integrated Computer Applications and/or Intro to Business
Sequence of Courses:
- Audio/Video Production Fundamentals (3716) .5 credit
- Graphic Design 2 (4077) 1 credit
- Digital Marketing (7910) .5 credit
- Video Production (1440) 1 credit
- Digital Media Project Management (TBD) 1 credit
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing (2172) .5 credit
- Digital Media Design & Production (TBD) 1 credit
- Media Relations & Public Relations (TBD) .5 credit
Instructor: TBD Email: